Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wanted to be the first 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ1982

Technical User
Jun 13, 2001
GB
I did request this forum after all, yay

In order to christen this forum we need to post an issue about Exchange 2000, since it is a the previous version.

Dear 2003 list,

I was playing with my Exchange Server, which serves about 10,000 users, I stopped the information store and my phone rings. When I turn the store back on the phone stops ringing.

Is there something wrong with my phone or with Exchange?

the problem situates itself between the back of the chair and the keyboard.

Try removing this and the problems will vanish

//Bart

No no no, it's not that at all evilbart!

Boydie1122, which side of your mouth was your tongue at when the phone rang vs. when you stopped the information store?

Can you rub your tummy and pat your head to make the phone stop ringing?

Give it a whirl. ;-)

clickedyclickclick
another one bites the dust

lol
[2thumbsup]

another star given: you made me smile when i was in the deepest troubles round ;-)

//Bart

lol, woohoo! Well, since I made someones day, can I go on to the house now?

Oh, I'll need someone to write an excuse note I can give my boss....anyone?

;-)

permission granted

where do I send the note to?
Please give the snail mail address since our mailserver is behaving weird for some reason.

//Bart

Just wait for Exchange 2005, it will I'm sure cure your problem, but you won't know it since you'll be busy fixing all the others ones.

The phone has stopped ringing but it took a lot of tummy rubs and head pats before it worked, in fact now my head aches. Is there an easier way for future reference?

As for the tongue in which side of the mouth thing, where would I find that information out?

Also may I have a star for stopping the phone from ringing?

I discovered today that my phone stops ringing

a) after 36h of continuous restoring in a 150dB climatized server room and you hear nothing but a strange buzzz in your head

b) when my battery runs out

c) when i'm on the same phone talking to my girlfriend and explaining for the 1000th time that i can't help it that i'm allready 2h late for the appointment (but then my collegues phone starts ringing spontanously)

d) when it is in 25 pieces on the floor and i'm thinking of the good times when it still was working

nevermind, i need 2 unfreeze some queue that i forgot to unfreeze last week

//Bart

I have had the same problems... only different.

When I stopped my information store started, and removed all the cabled from the back of the machines to reduce office clutter - My phone began ringing ...

When I went to investigate the problem i found that my monitor was blank and that the fans on the Power supplies had gone dead.

Are there any patches available to install to solve these issues?

Desperately in need of help -- and perhaps some documentation .. Alshrim
System Administrator
MCSE, MCP+Internet

this is probably the funniest thread I have read in forever...

Thanks for making my day ! Alshrim
System Administrator
MCSE, MCP+Internet

i downgraded exchange to snailmail yesterday.
Today i found out that my badge wasn't working anymore.
After 15 minutes i succeeded entering the building through some open window, i booted my brand new pc and wasn't able to log on!

So i hurried to the server room and logged on with one of my 10.000 test accounts i have for these occasions.
I discovered the problem quickly: my account was disabled by accident. So after some hours of blindly surfing the internet i was violently thrown out with the kind words that they didn't want me to come back anymore and that i should have checked my mail before comming to the office.

Maybe it's because my eyes are always red from staring @ computerscreens and I'm deaf on the left side where my phone used to be.... I really don't know....

So now my only thing i still can do is hanging around in forums and post stupid stories...

//Bart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back