Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wanted: TIE Communications Ultracom AT 8/16 or Businesscom Plus 8/12 KSU System

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4YQT

MIS
Apr 13, 2012
US
Wanted: TIE Communications Ultracom AT 8/16 or Businesscom Plus 8/12 KSU (white rectangular housing and it's power supply) and at least one display set for either system.

I'm planning to build a small, vintage, electronic key system demonstrator display to be shown at museums and shows.

I know that this is a long shot but you might have one laying around or know of one still hanging on the wall somewhere collecting dust.

I used to work on TIE equipment, among other makes, throughout the 80s & early 90s and I still have the manuals for them, too.

Thank you for your time, help and cooperation.

Fred

Picture below is for showing what the sets look like.

UltracomATUserGuide_xzwrnw.jpg

I used to install a ton of those back in the days shortly after Ma Bell was split up. Last one I saw running was over a decade ago though. Have you tried searching Ebay?

Yes, I've been keeping an eye out for them there, Craigslist, etc. Regards.

You might call my friends at Startech in Pomona, CA. Ask for Todd. They might have a KSU or help you find one. Here's a quick link to some of their TIE sets:
My goal isn't to promote or advertise (I've been on this forum for quite a few years). Just trying to help as usual. Good look on the roadshow. It sounds fun!

Tim Alberstein

Thanks Tim. I'll give Todd a call during the week. Regards. Fred

No luck with Todd. He does not have any KSUs that old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back