Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want visitors to be able to rate [vote] 1-5 for guitar tablatures 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

somethingforkaty

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
AU
Hi,

I have a website with many tablatures. I want people to be able to click a button and vote 1-5 for how good they think a tab is, and for the results to be calculated and displayed immediately. I have searched everywhere for a javascript code but to no avail.

??????

All right, easy enough. But you'll have to turn those text pages into web pages so that you can put the voting sysytem on them. I know nothing about the code invloved in the actual voting program but I'm guessing it can be modified to send the data to you with little trouble. Or ask the guy wjo wrote it if he'll do that for you.

Either way, you have a long weekend of sitting at the computer converting your tabs to pages but you should be ok once you do that. Again, contact the writer and explain your problem. You'll most likely get a good response.

Good Luck!

I was actually going to alter the tabs page so that I could fit the voting thing next to the link for each tab. Would that work?

I have saved a seperate copy of it as a .php and have tried putting a few test copies of it in but I can't seem to get it to work :(

I think the problem with not using a database driven voting system is that you have to have it one per page. I know, I know it's a pain in the a** but you'll have to find a way.

Search Google for terms like PHP voting system or ASP voting sysem. That's the best I can offer at this point.

Btw, I like the web page. Are you in the band or the webaster for it?

Ok, let me do some research.

Send me an email detailing your provider's name and what your account offers you .ie cgi, mySQL, etc and I'll get you a solution. I know this can't be hard but we have to ahve the right info to get it done correctly. I've seen some that gemerate a new page that you can access detailing the stats for all the votes into a chart and so forth.

Click on my name and send me the data and I'll figure out something.

Ok thanks, I'll look on the search engine for it.

I can't seem to get your email address off that profile for some reason?

My providers name is Expert Host: and my account has support for everything.

I tried it on a single page and I don't think I can get it to work either but I may have stuffed something up.

If you need any more info email me and I will reply with the info: mail@sfkforthenovice.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back