Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

want to show the 2 reports one after another

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnappan

Programmer
Feb 7, 2008
US
want to show the 2 reports one after another. The data comes from 2 different data sources. is there a way i can say show this report in page1 and show this subreport in page 2?

knowing so little about your reports, i would say that the easiest thing to do would be to write two seperate reports. Then take those reports and insert them as subreports into a new report. i couldn't tell you where to place the reports, becuase i don't know how big each one individually is, if they require special formatting or anything like that. I suppose you could place them in the report Header, one after the other and suppress all other sections. That might work.

thanks for tyhe reply ... the first report is 1/2 page and the second is 2 pages ... i do not want the second report to start right after first report ... is there a way i can acheive page control ? say the report 1 occupies the entire first page and report 2 starts from 2nd page?

Insert the second report as a subreport in the report footer of the first report. Then go into the section expert and format the report footer of the main report to "new page before".

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back