Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to program more in C

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus

Programmer
Jun 16, 1999
CA
Hey folks.  I'm a student who has taken a few C programming courses, and would like to program more in C.  My problem has always been thinking of something to program.  I would like to slowly work my way up in difficulty, but I have no idea what kinds of projects would be suitable to do so.  If anyone can suggest some projects, or point me to a website, it would be much appreciated!  TIA.

As mentioned by zBuilder. The best way is to do game programming. Whether it's new or already known. But do make some game , which will improve your programming. That too try to use complex and efficient data structure. Otherwise simply using array and structures won't improve your programming. One more thing I would like to suggest is to develop Indexing method for Text files. It will require usage of complex data structures.<br><br>Thanx<br>Siddhartha Singh<br><A HREF="mailto:ssingh@aztecsoft.com">ssingh@aztecsoft.com</A>

hi, i too am a student who is trying to do more in C.&nbsp;&nbsp;Some of the stuff i have been working on is related to the TCP/IP protocols.&nbsp;&nbsp;Some good examples of programs are packetsniffers, synflooders, etc.. some good ones are at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> is also some cool netbios stuff at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> this is a program that will scan entrie subnets for computers and al the code is in c.&nbsp;&nbsp;game programming wise if you wanted to do old dos based game programs i think i remember seeing a simple game in a peter norton guide to programming in C for dos book.&nbsp;&nbsp;hope this helps if you need more email me at <br>&lt;i&gt;<A HREF="mailto:tmoses@iname.com">tmoses@iname.com</A>&lt;i&gt;<br><br>ackka <p>moses<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back