Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to print out all formulas 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

kridg

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2000
US
Is there a way to print out the formulas that are used in a report? I know I can open each, copy and paste it to a Word document. I was trying to find a shortcut that will print them out for documentation purposes.

In Crystal Reports 7:
File Print Export with the format type being Report Definition.

Works perfectly in Version 8 also, thanks very much.

Check out ReportMinder.
It is a utility that formats the formulas very nicely and also provides lots of info about sections, etc. It can show formulas in use across a group of reports as well.

You can find it on my web site. Crystal Reports training, consulting, books, training material and on-site support. Scheduled training in 8 cities.
800-783-2269

Right Ken,

the tool is reportminer.

there is a similar tool sold by the folks at
FastPlanet.

There is also SpeedSpeccer sold by NHSS.

Crystal Reports training, consulting, books, training material, software, and on-site support. Scheduled training in 8 cities.
800-783-2269

Hi,

What are crystal report definitions? Is there a way to generate a crystal report from a crystal report definition. I created one and it seems to handle the report objects but not the actual formatting (style, field location, etc.). Is there a corresponding report format definition?

thanks,

steve
steve@designmind.com

Only one Report definition available, the text file you get when you export to Report definition. You can't automatically create a report from the text file. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

The guys at cortex systems also have a pretty cool report documentation tool. It converts the rpt into an DB, so you can use their custom reports or even write you own against the DB (find me all the reports that use abc table; find me all the Sales Tax formulas, etc.)

You can find them at Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back