Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to print actual website addresses 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2002
CA
Hello,

I have numerous favorites on my computer. I would like to print out a list of all my favorites (showing the actual website address).Is this possible with Internet Explorer 6.0

Thanks
Debbie

debbiecarvery:

This can be done very easily in Windows.

In Internet Explorer click on File>Import and Export, run the Wizard and export a favorites folder to a bookmark.htm file on your desktop.

Open this bookmark file in Internet Explorer. [at this point it is advisable to change the text size in IE to the smallest][It's on the menu bar under View]

Go to File>Print.

On the printer dialog screen that follows, down near the bottom there is a line that reads 'Print Table of Links' Put a tick in the box next to it then click OK.

You will now recieve Two printouts. The first will contain only the link names. The second will be a table with the Names and the associated URLs.

Hey !!!! Your good ! Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted to do.

Debbie

I'll star ya on debbie's behalf, BeenThere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back