Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to page out when Emergency Agent is logged in 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaHelp

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
CA
Right now at both sites there is an emergency Agent Login used to invoke the emergency process. In the event of a building evacuation, We want to use the Avaya phone system to generate a "Emergency notification" page to a list of designated contacts when the "Emergency Agent" is invoked at that site. We have two sites we want to do this with. Both sites have different voice mail systems but I don't think we would use the vm paging for this right?

S8700 & S8710 v12/CMIV/Octel 250/CMS v12/Intuity AUDIX/IP Agent/VOIP/Programming
==========================================================
Does anyone have a quarter, I need to make a phone call?

You could do this within a vector, but you would need someting to kick off the call. I.e. another call to the VDN.

goto step 10 if staffed agent in skill 1 > 0
normal vector programming

Step 9 goto step 11 if counted calls to vdn XXXX >1
step 10 goto vdn XXXX if agent in skill 1 > 0
step 11 disco after Announce (Im sorry we are experiencing an emergency situation)

Vector XXXX would route to the caller to your oncall system you'd want to put a message on there that say something the same as step 11. You could route it to a vm box with outcalling turned on, but I dont remeber how many sources Audix will page\call.

Instead of an emergency agent you could also do this with a Variable in the vector and activate it via FAC.

OR better yet... instead of using one of your customers to trigger this. Build a vdn that collects 1 digit to set the variable, the variable set to 1 tirggers the emergency routing, then the call routes to a vm box and your office person envoking (calling) the emergency vdn will leave a VM message stating that "we've activated the emergency system at xyz time). Yeah, yeah... that'd be the slickest way I think.

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

Thanks RTMCKEE

I can see that no matter which way I go, I will be restricted to one contact point. I beleive no matter what type of VM system you have, you will only be allowed to page out one pager instead of multiple Pagers. That is the reall problem. I was looking at your last suggestion which is a beauty but then the vm system can only page one number and we have a rotating on-call schedule where each person has their own pager/cell.

Thank you very much for the help.

S8700 & S8710 v12/CMIV/Octel 250/CMS v12/Intuity AUDIX/IP Agent/VOIP/Programming

if it actually only needs to page one person at a time, this is definately doable. I can show you how I've built our internal vdn to call 3 different pagers (depending on who is on call)if you like, its pretty straight forward. You can also use this system to change the oncall person. then your vm system can call the internal VDN that is automatically routed to the oncall person.

Here is my FAQ on how to build the semi-automatic oncall rotation. faq690-5820

Yes. If you only need the system to call one number then this is the way to go. I originally thought you had to page 6 ppl at the same time. (I hate to say it by the way , but Cisco unity does have the avaliablity to page 6 ppl at the same time)

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

Thanks RTMCKEE, I'll try this out and let you know how it works.

If your using Alpha-Numeric pagers. You could contact your carrier and have them set up a group for you. Then you would have 1 number but notify as many pagers as you want. It can also be set up as a mail drop so each pager can turn the alert for it on or off.

The only draw back is that you have to go back to the paging company to add or remove people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back