Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to move from IBM Expedite/GXS to AS2 for EDI communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeinzW

Programmer
Nov 16, 2002
CA
We have a customer that does business with Autozone. We currently use GXS to communicate EDI transactions back and forth using IBM Expedite Base. We provide the POS software that has EDI capabilities built-in. I.e. we build the transactions that are ultimately sent/received via Expedite (on Windows with TCP/IP).

We want to move to AS2 so that we can do away with the mail/VAN scheme. Looking for ideas/suggestions as to where I might start the research. Looked at some AS2 sites but it all seems quite overwhelming. Hard to disseminate what could be considered as a replacement for IBM Expedite in our scheme, I.e. looking for the basic communications only, I think.

Thanks in advance.
Heinz

Hey, I can give you a couple of ideas. I work with an EDI outsourcing firm. We have several solutions that could help. My number is 678-338-2744.

charles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back