Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to include JS banner page within other pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2001
GB
Hello guys, I'm a bit new to this so bear with me.

I have got a nice table with some Javascript menus at the top. Because you can't get the menus to appear in frames that you can't include your code in, I am doing it so that I just have this nav-table bit on every page. However, I do not want to duplicate the HTML for ever page for this so that I can just change it in one place.

Is there a way I can include just this bit in every page? I have already got all the script in a .js file, so that isn't a problem.

I rather not have to use ASP if there is a more cunning way, as I'm hoping that people will just be able to knock up pages from my template once I've done it.

Either that or is there someway of getting menus from your frame to go into someone elses. I would imagine that you have to somehow browse to their frame through yours so it looks like theirs or something like that.

Thanks

Jacob

You can include a js file like this:

<script language=javascript src=&quot;path/file.js&quot;></script>

:)
Paul Prewett
penny.gif
penny.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor