Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to Import IE 6 Favorites into IE 7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBates

MIS
Feb 27, 2000
US
Hello browser experts,

I upgraded from IE6 to IE7 (same computer). I want to import my IE 6 favorite sites into IE 7 but I cannot find the bookmarks file. I searched entire drive for bookmark.htm but nothing found. Is it a hidden file?

Thanks very much. John

bookmark.htm would only have been created if you previously exported your bookmarks, so you will probably never find it. However, it shouldn't be needed in a normal upgrade; your Favorites should stay in place without any special actions on your part.

What operating system are you using? And if you use Windows Explorer (not internet explorer) to navigate your user profile, do you see a Favorites folder at the same level as your documents folder?

Thanks, smah. Your reply prompted me to search more.

I use XP Pro.

I did find the IE 6 Favorites at \Docs and Settings\John\Favorites\Links

I have them in place for IE 7 now. I miss 1 feature that IE 6 had which made it easier to access the Favorites - on the right side there was a > that you could simply expand to see your Favorites. just 1 more clink to do the same in IE 7.

Thanks for your help. John - Memphis TN USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back