Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to deny outbound email from certain user....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2003
US
Hello,

I have a certain few users that we do not want sending out email messages to external email accounts. We want them to be able to send within the domain and receive email from anyone inside or outside the domain, but not to be able to send to anyone outside the domain.
I thought I could do this with a SMTP connector in properties->delivery restrictions and adding them to the reject messages from list, but doesnt seem to be working

Hi

I'm struggling with this too. Im an admin in a callcentre where users need internal but not external mail. Where in exchange 2000 can I stop them from sending or receiving external mail?

cheers

Aaron

Just found this - I havent tried it yet, but seems sound. I'll post up the results next week.

-----------------------------------

A: Follow the steps outlined below:

Create a group called InternalOnly.

Create a recipient policy that gives them a fake SMTP address. i.e. @fake.domain. Leave the X400 address alone so they can receive internal mail.

Drill down through Routing Groups > Group Name > Connectors > SMTP internet connector(s), choose its properties. Choose the Delivery Restrictions tab, and under "reject", add this group. Do this for each connector.

Follow the steps in Q277872, regarding Connector Restrictions.
[Now they can't use the SMTP connector(s) to send external mail]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back