Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to Compile Servlets

Status
Not open for further replies.

javaprog72

Programmer
Feb 19, 2003
US
I have written Servlets
but iam not able to compile the servlet
i have downloaded j2sdkee1.3.1 ,
i know i have to do something with class path and path setting

Can anyone help please???

Thanks in advance

If you are starting out using java I could advice you to use netbeans IDE

For your problem: depending on the OS (I use windows) I add the value "C:\jdk1.3.1_07\bin" to the PATH value in the environment variables so in a dos box the javac and java can be found.
If you are running win2000 you can choose start -> run -> cmd and type javac. If your path is set correctly then you should get a reaction from the javac.exe (explanation on how you should use it).
The classpath can be provided as a parameter used in the javac command, like when you use jaws.jar you can add it in your classpath when you compile your .java file:
javac - classpath c:\....\jaws.jar myclass.java
or:
javac - classpath c:\....\jaws.jar *.java

I have seen your other post, should advice you to REALLY download the netbeans IDE .
It will start the webserver for you and has templates for creating all kinds of java projects (including servlets, applets, beans...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back