Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to Bold text in formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakashroch

Technical User
May 2, 2002
US
I have this statment in my formula
Sales: " + {?Selection1} + "Area: " + {?Selection2}

I want to bold the Text "Sales" and "Area" when it gets displayed in the Report
couldnt find any bold function

Any suggestions??
Thanks

You can't apply multiple font / display properties on a single object in Crystal. You're best bet is to use separate label objects for "Sales:" and "Area:".

Dear prakashroch:

The html formatting tags must be enclosed within quotes.

You can start and end the tags in different text strings.

Here is an example using your formula:

&quot;<b> Sales: </b>&quot; + {?Selection1} + &quot;<b> Area: </b>&quot; + {?Selection2}

Also, be aware that once you implement html formatting you lose your font style and will have also have to supply that in the formatting.

A lot of tags work. Any tag that you would usually include in quotes, leave off the quotes. You will know when a format tag doesn't work because Crystal will display nothing!

Hope this was helpful,

ro

Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

Prakashroch,

You could hit the 'Insert Text Object' button, type 'Sales: ' in it, and then drag your database field into the text field adjacent to your typing. Repeat the same again for Area.

You can then highlight individual contents of the text object to format them individually.

Naith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back