Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to begin as Systems Analyst - what qualification should I work to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan301978

Technical User
Jun 24, 2008
GB
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me?

I'm based in the UK and would like to start work as a Systems Analyst. I was doing this as a role for 9 months before I got made redundant. I'd like to know if there is a good introductory qualification I could study part time for the next year that would help me to get another role doing this?

I've studied and used VBA but I understand that this is soon to be outdated.

What I'd like to do is teach myself, and become competent in, one or more useful programming languages (perhaps Visual Basic or C#) and then gain some sort of certification to prove that I've done it.

I'm after something that would be the most generic and widely applicable qualification.

I've qualified before as an MCP in Windows 2000 and, with additional materials, used this to really teach myself about Windows operating systems. I wondered if I could do anything similar for programming?

Obviously I'm looking for something that's as future proof as can be. Does anyone know what are the best areas to study? Would it be best to study Visual Basic or C# for example and what would be the best way to do this?

I'm hoping to later go on to do an HND and then a degree, I was wondering what the best programming language was to start learning?

Is a Microsoft qualification a good way to go about what I want to do or would I do better doing something else? I need to study part time at home.

If anyone could answer any one of these questions I'd be very, very grateful.

Thanks very much indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back