Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to automate display of OLE object from field in a table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosully

Programmer
May 29, 2001
IE
I recently had to design an Access database with a chunk of functionality through VBA modules and forms. The brief I was given was that the database is for a web download and should be a single self contained file. As such, no add ins were allowed.

I got everything done and as a bonus, I decided to include the documentation also. I created a 'Documentation' table with a single field 'MyDoc', type was OLE object. Here I inserted the documentation (embedded, not linked). Now the user only had to download the single file, open the documentation table and double click on the first record to see the user guide. Then I figured that this would be a lot better if I could put a button on each form of the db/app which would do this for the user, allowing the to open the user guide/OLE object from any form.

6 hours later (and having checked Microsoft's knowledge base, the Access help files, and pestered 6 more experienced programmers), I still don't have a way of doing this.

Has anybody else done this? Your advice is greadly appreciated.

Brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back