Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

want to access my emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilinmiyo

MIS
Mar 21, 2006
US
Hello,

We are running 2k/exchange. We would like to access our emails on exchange server from each PC. For example, whenever I login to someone else's PC, I want to reach my emails using Outlook without configuring it. Do you know what I should do?

Thank you so much..
Thank you so much..

do u mean , just logging to the PC with your user , you find your outlook automatically configured ????

Mohamed Farid
[green]Know Me No Pain , No Me Know Pain !!![/green]

I havent found a way to do this.

I always have to configure a profile and do it that way.

You could enable OWA and make a mandatory shortcut on their desktop that goes to http:\\SERVERXXX\Inbox
where SERVERXXX is your exchange server. That would get to their inbox via OWA I think.

Grab mapigen from and toss it in your netlogon folder

and toss this into your login script

%logonserver%\netlogon\Mapigen.exe "%username%" "%username%" SERVERNAME

Replace SERVERNAME with your Exchange servers' name.

Keep in mind that mapigen doesn't support cached mode, so it won't enable that feature for Exchange 2003 profiles.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

There are a number of ways you can achieve this, depending on what version of Office you are using.

For Outlook 2000 use newprof.exe

For Outlook 2002 (XP) and Outlook 2003 you need to use the tools which comes with the Office Resource kit

You can create a .prf file which when executed will automatically setup the users outlook profile. You can include this file when you install office on the users computer so it will automatically detect the user and load the correct profile or you can just run the .prf file at a later date and it will do the same thing.

Some more info:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back