Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want better, clearer pictures on my website 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markie37

Technical User
Mar 23, 2002
US
When I have photos for my website I want to post, I copy and paste the photo to my website. It is great, good and clear on my computer screen but when I upload, the picture doesn't look like I put there. I see other websites with nice clear photos and I can't get mine to look as good. I save in JPG and Bitmap and they both show the same crummy photo. My site is for a look of the photo on the first page. My camera is a Sony MVC-FD100 and set at 1024 Fine. I use Microsoft Photo Editor. I'm listening![bigears]

Mark
Youngstown NY U.S.A.

Don't copy and paste - you should insert photos.

Don't resize using resize handles.

If you insert a photo, and later decide to resize it, rename it before you reinsert it, otherwise, FP may use old size knowledge and smush or stretch the pic to fit the size it thinks the pic is.

jpg should work well for photos.

I suggeste Adobe Photoshop :D to working with pictures. I looked the page, and its still the problem. Pictures are "crummy" ...

NG

Thank you tiborv. You are right. Pictures are certainly much better by "inserting" but still not crisp and clear like others I see. I don't have Adobe Photoshop because it costs so much. I saw where Adobe offered a small imaging program for free and I'll check that out and see if that will clear my photos. I certainly appreciate the help tiborv!

Mark,
Youngstown NY USA

Mark
Youngstown NY U.S.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back