Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

want a pop-up meaning box with mouse over highlighted word

Status
Not open for further replies.

anita03

Technical User
Nov 17, 2003
US
I have some words that I would like to have a box attached to it. I would like a box to appear with the meaning of the highlighted word either with a click, or better yet with just a mouse over. I have seen it on other sites but do not know how to do that (and when I saw it I did not need it so did not bother!!)

I am setting up an educational website for kids so I would like them to read the meaning of some difficult words.

HI Anita,

You could use the following link ...

This is for a message popup designed to appear on mouseover of a link. So, you could create hyperlinks to the words that would take the user to the top of the page if clicked.

Otherwise, they would get the message on mouseover. You could also remove the underlines on this page and even change the color of the words in question to suit your needs.

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

Hi Michael,
This is exactly what I want. thank you so much for guiding me in the right direction.

What should I remove from the html if I do not want it to go anywhere - no return. I just want the meaning to appear as in example a)?

Thanks a million,
Anita

Hi Anita,

This script is set to work with a hyperlink, so just follow the proceedure outlined with the script.

Once you get going with the script, you should see where it holds the hyperlink.

Instead of creating a hyperlink to a page, just set the hyperlink to simply # This is one way you could have the link return to the top of the page. That way, if they click it, they will only have to scroll down to get back where they were on the page.

Let us know if you have any trouble. I haven't used this particular script yet. It is however cpmpatible with IE and NS (at least NS6).

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back