Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wanadoo Broadband Speedtouch Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

happygooner

Technical User
Jan 3, 2004
I am having incredible problems with this despite following all instructions received from wanadoo.

At first they advised to set everything up and install modem then they would connect and make everything ready to go within 10 days.

The way to tell if this had been done yet was to see if the ADSL light was still flashing green or if this had become a permanent solid light.

After over 2 weeks I called their technical helpline only to be told the connection had been made and that the problems encountered were that the supplied micro filters hadn't been used for all the sockets and that a patch needed to be download from the internet to make it work.

Apparently there is a recognised problem with using Speedtouch modems on Packard Bell computers.

I downloaded the patch, reinstalled the modem with the CD they supplied and made sure all microfilters were connected.

Still no connection! the light is still flashing and the icon at the bottom right of screen still says ADSL initialising.

The helpline gave me one further piece of advice after that saying that if the modem was running from an extension socket that was probably why the signal wasn't strong enough and hence not getting through.

This all seems like an incredibly complex procedure just to get the thing working.

The line by the computer does run off an extension cable from the main phone in the living room.

I am completely without ideas and loathe to make yet another call to their extremely unhelpful technical helpline.

Can anybody help please????

The patch I downloaded was REFFIUP04940100 found on google by the way.

Hi there,

Im having the same problems - the lights on the modem did turn solid green and I thought I was away, however after 5 minutes one started flashing again.
I have my modem plugged into an extended wall socket via the micro filters and I have a friend who has wanadoo working perfectly well from his extension socket in his bedroom.

Do you have any further information in order to fix this annoying problem?

Still nothing and we bought a specific modem cable as well as we were told the old one probably wasn't compatible due to broadband not being around a few years ago.

Have sort of given up for the time being but if you do find out any information on how to get this working I would be incredibly gateful if you let me know please.

Cheers

Richard

So is the modem syncing with the isp or not? Meaning does the dsl light ever stop flashing. You probably have a few, this is the one indicating the dsl signal is present and synchronized.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back