Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WAN Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhugh0411

Technical User
Jul 12, 2004
I am experiencing some latency with my pnagents cross my WAN. Have done some traffic analyzing and the links are not saturated and still experience 3-8 second delays at times. Is there any known tweaks without getting accelerators in Citrix to speed things up? We just deploy apps not desktops and we are running PS4. Thanks for your help!

Brian Hughes
Network Administrator
A+,MCP,MCSE2000,MCDBA2000,CNA 5.1/6/6.5

Latency doing what? logging in, opening files, working with files, also is there latency on your WAN links during this time you may have latency on the links without them being full . Take a bench mark of your ping times and than when your users are complaining see what the ping times are, if they are significantly higher than you have latency, and you'll have to do deeper network investigation to find the cause.

Thanks for the info, I will look into it. Basically users are complaining about submitting info the application which then writes to the DB and just changing screens. I have monitored ping times and they look fine during times of complaints.

Brian Hughes

'There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.'

It could be the application itself if it is writing to the backend DB the DB server might be having issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back