Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WAN link between IP403 and Cisco 3745

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaki

Programmer
Jun 30, 2003
YU
Has anyone expirience with connecting IP Office and Cisco router over WAN link using frame relay?

I've got WAN link working to a Cisco that's running over an X.21 connection (Kilostream in the UK) using PPP.

I've not had the opportunity to use Frame yet, but i'll post the configs if you'd like.

I would strongly suggest you look at IPOfficeTech019FRF12.pdf

This outlines on 38 pages exactly the process you are trying to achive IPO - Cisco with Frame and FRF12.

What you are tying to do should not be problem once you get this docco. It is actually very good and has helped us in the past.

ipo.gif

Here’s a brief note to get the IPO and Cisco gear working together. I’ve got it working successfully on X.21 Kilostream in the UK and in a lab environment using a DCE cable and the Cisco providing the clock information.

Plug the WAN cable into the IP Office and reboot, so the unit detects the cable
Get the configuration using the manager app.
Create a WAN service (in this case the Service Name and Account Name are the same, however I recall reading that the Account Name should be the same as the name given to the Cisco router – but I’ve had it working when this isn’t the case; this may be if passwords are implemented). You may wish to make this the default route.
Edit the WAN Port and change the RAS Name to the Service that we have just created.
Create or edit any routes under the IP routes tab.

Here is the cisco config:

hostname Router
!
!
clock timezone GMT 0
clock summer-time BST recurring last Sun Mar 2:00 last Sun Oct 2:00
ip subnet-zero
!
interface Ethernet0
ip address 10.200.100.105 255.255.255.0
!
interface Serial0
ip unnumbered Ethernet0
ip directed-broadcast
no ip proxy-arp
encapsulation ppp
no fair-queue
clockrate 64000
no cdp enable
!
!
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.200.100.1
ip route 192.168.42.0 255.255.255.0 Serial0
no ip http server
!

The line clockrate 64000 provides the clocking information and is not needed in a live environment.

I’ll put together a word document with screen shots if anyone is interested and I’m also looking at implementing ISDN backup from a central site to IPO’s using RIP (which wasn’t achievable under 1.4 firmware).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back