Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wallboards/LCD & LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitramTELEBOY

IS-IT--Management
Jul 27, 2005
US
hi,
I'm trying to decide between Symon or Inova as a LED wallboard solution for my call center folks. The kick here is my sales execs also wants to use something like LCD (27" flat screen) in strategic areas for show and tell with clients. On the LCD they also want to broadcast video from press conferences or CEO speeches.
Lastly there's a "want" to have it these LCD receive live broadcast as well.

So what are the opinions, like and dislikes of both products. How is it this to administer? What's the managment interface like?

ISComms thanks, but my choices are Symon and Inova. A different vendor is not an option.

I know I haven't posted here a ton in the past 2 or 3 years but I'm shocked at all the topics out there with little to no response.
What's going on??

We are using inova with both LED and 37“ LCD boards. they can do everything you are asking for: Gather call stats from CMS or BCMS, show pictures and (with some tweaking) PowerPoint slide shows, you can also integrate websites and everything windows media player can show. We have worked with inova quite extensively to get out some of the bugs in previous versions, the current 5.5 runs pretty stable and has some enhancements earlier versions did not have.
Management interface for inova is a client which lets you design the messages (kind of Word/PowerPoint/Excel) and a tool to manage messages once sent to the boards. Some other tools are more for back-end administration but none of them are really hard to figure out.

Regards

FSI

Hi - We use symon 41" Lcd screens and have been very impressed, it integrates seemlessly with our CMS and can handle video , tv etc and its all transitions at the touch of a button via symons design studio. Our agents have been really impressed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back