Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wallboard alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwarren

MIS
Sep 10, 2003
GB
Is anyone using alternatives to traditional LED wallboards.
I've built a web page that i'd like to display on Plasma screens.

Has anyone set this up - what kit would I need & how far can cables carry tv signals etc.

Any feedback would be great.

Avaya had a product called Desktop Statistics Integration or DSI Was also called Wallboards for Windows PC based wall board application

We use a plasma screen connected to a PC that has Avaya CMS loaded on it. We have created a customer report that shows all the stats for the day - Calls Waiting, Oldest Call Waiting, ASA, ACD Calls, Ave ACD Time, Aband Calls, % Aband Calls, Agents Staffed and Agents Available. As our agents have many differenct skills, using the plasma screen enables me to number this report with multiple skills.

tdturg - this is the sort of solution I am looking for.

What kit did you need to display this on plasma's.
I take it some kind of amp is required to boost the signal to the Plasma's (we were looking at 5-8 screens). Do you know how far you can run the cables etc?

Hi Mwarren - we have 3 plasma screen that each plug into their own PC as they are on different floors. So all we have is a serial cable running from the PC to each plasma (about 3 meters max). The PC's are the oldest/cheapest pc's that we could find as they just need to run CMS. Not sure about boosters etc.

We use Spectrum Corporation's UltraLink II software to drive our wallboard. I understand that they have a Windows wallboard-like application, but I have no experience with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back