Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wall mount cable cabinet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick283

MIS
Jul 5, 2002
US
I am wiring my new house and I've put in a ton of wire. Initially I was planning on using a Leviton Media Versatile cabinet, but the thing is tiny! It is way too small (24" high x 14" wide) for the amount of wires and equipment I need to put in it.

I liked the Leviton Media Versatile because it had a plywood backing, plus a metal casing with door. I'm trying to avoid just hanging a piece of plywood on the wall. I may want to finish the basement in the future and if I use a cabinet, I'll have a much easier time finishing around it.

Anyone know of anything similiar to the Leviton Media Versatile, but larger? I'm open for other suggestions as well.

Wall mount racks, like Homaco or Chatsworth make. They have enclosed cabinets or just metal frames. They all except standard rack mount equipment. jeff moss
jeffmoss26@adelphia.net

I'd look at the OnQ product for one, there are many similar ones out there. Cabinets are available in varying sizes, and there are clean nice looking modules for mounting whatever you need.

Huh, go figure, looks like leviton bought them now or something, anyway good stuff for the most part.

Good Luck! It is only my opinion, based on my experience and education...I am always willing to learn, educate me!
Daron J. Wilson, RCDD
daron.wilson@lhmorris.com

just use a peice of plywood to mount the blocks and make a cover for it.
phone systems have been covered up this way for years.

just a simple box that lifts off when you need access will work dosnt need to be anything fancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back