Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wake On Lane (WOL) for ML-370 1st generation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello67

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2008
FR
Hi,
I have a ML-370 1st generation (P17). According to the documentation it supports the WOL :
Network Controller Compaq NC3163 Fast Ethernet NIC (embedded) 10/100 WOL (Wake On LAN).
I can't wake it up...
I have tested the magic packet sent (by running a listener on the server when it was up) : it is correctly sent thru the network and detected by the listener.
I have tried both with the server off or just in stanby mode : no more result.
Is there anything to switch on/off ? i did not find anything in the bios... should the server be protected by a password ?
If anyone was already successful in such task, thank you to provide me some tips and maybe the name of the WOL tool used (i have tried wolcmd).
thanks and best regards
Olivier

Here's a couple of things you could check:
Do you have the latest driver and firmware for the NIC?
Are there any setting in the properties of the NIC?

Do you have the latest firmware on the server with the latest Firmware Update CD from hp.com? This is very important and HP/Compaq servers are notorious for firmware fixes.

Burt

Hi,
Yes the Server Bios is the very last one available for this hardware and the NIC driver is also up to date.

There is no setting at the NIC level..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back