Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Waiting for MS Access to Accept DDE Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfarena

Technical User
Aug 22, 2001
US
Hello,

A user of mine is attempting to utilize mail merge in MS Word 2000. They are importing an MS Access 2000 database. When they attempt to link the database with the file which is on the local machine, MS Word begins the process but then just hangs on the step "Waiting for MS Access to Accept DDE Commands" in the Word status bar. This user has been using mail merge on this computer for several years and this all of a sudden occurred. It is affecting all mail merge attempts on that workstation. It is a Win 2000 Pro machine. This problem is reproduceable if you uncheck "Ignore DDE Requests" in Tools, Options, Advanced in Access, but she does not have that option chosen. Her settings are set to the default which is the only way I've seen them set over the years.

I looked around the Internet and have not been able to find a fix so I have come here for a 'proper solution' :)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Jon Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back