Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wait until animated gif is ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schoggi

Technical User
Dec 9, 2002
SE
Hi,
I have an animated gif playing. I want my movie to hold on the frame until it's ready. This is how my script is looking but I can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong?

on exitFrame
if sprite(2).playing then
go the frame
end if
end

Schoggi
Thankfull for any help

I don't think the playing property applies for gif's.
Maybe you can try film loops and maybe you can get some control using them

Mayuresh

Hi,

How about using a delay and a preload?

on exitFrame me
delay 50
end

If you place this frame script prior to the animations appearance on the time line it will hold the playback head, just change the numeric value to increase or decrease the delay bearing in mind that slower machines will take longer to load the animation. This brings me to preloading the animation which you can put in the same place.

preLoadMember "animation"

so your script would read

on exitFrame me
delay 50
preLoadMember "NAME"
end

Regards
AJJA17

Mayuresh writes: I don't think the playing property applies for gif's.

This was what I was afraid of, The Lingo help files say that it does but I got property not found all the time.

Thanks for your suggestions, I guess I have to do it with delay or something like it, even if it won't play the same on different computers. Like always :)

Schoggi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back