Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W98/W95 P2P network not stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark59

MIS
Jul 7, 2000
US
Hi,
I set up a p2p network. The pc acting as server is running W98 and the workstation is running W95. The reason for this p2p is to share a proprietary software for a mall store. Someone else started this project and was going to use direct cable connection and two Netgear FA310TX NICS. When I came in I suggested a hub for future growth. I am now using a hub and the same two cards. I made new cables and tested them. The hub has all lights, the pc have lights for connections as well. The problem is that the netwrok does not stay connected. I will be able to see both pcs and share info, but when I try to use the proprietary software it does not work and I cant get the pcs to see each other. So in other words it will work and then stop. In network configuration I have client for ms networks, the adapter, netbeui with adapter and sharing installed, in other words I think I have all necessary items in place. Has anyone had similar problems trying to network 95 and 98.
Thanks

Hey Mate,

I have had this problem before and I found the easiest way to fix it is upgrading the client to win98 aswell.... :)

Later
NEo81 >:):O>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back