Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

w3proxy.dlll in default website not showing as loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

corpanarchy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2002
GB
Gah!

Here's what happened: Ran the lockdown tool from MS for IIS 4, rebooted the server and wham! no more web proxy. (Proxy Server 2.0) When I go into the default website properties, ISAPI filters w3proxy.dll doesn't show as loaded. I receive two event IDs in NT 4.0 from W3SVC, 127 and 14. Here's what's been done thus far:

1. Reloaded ISAPI filter with copy off of installation disk
2. Gone through all the MS articles I could find for SOCKS, proxy and event ids 14 and 127, to no avail.
3. Disabled NT authentication for all default sites
4. Updated IIS with latest SP and fix
5. Installed Proxy over the top of itself
6. Reinstalled proxy clean
7. Reinstalled IIS over the top
8. Reinstalled IIS clean
9. Checked permissions on all relevant folders for system and web account access

Those are the clear steps, I've tried various combinations of stopping and starting services within NT Sever and IIS and even setup a series of filters in the default website (none of which worked.) Tried putting w3proxy.dll in \system32\inetpub directory (where IIS seems to look for it.) All service packs/hotfixes have been uninstalled and reapplied.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back