Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W3DBSMGR.EXE - Application Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeisaT

Technical User
Nov 30, 2005
LS
I am running Accpac on Pervasive.SQL 9.5 WGE and occassionally the following error message pops up on two workstations that are giving me a tough time opening Accpac:

The instruction at "0x013f2dlf" referenced memory at "0x0141727c". The memory could not be "read".
Click OK to terminate the program.

The other message reads:
"Cannot access database (error=98). See Help for more information.

The workstation is running Windows XP PRO + SP2

Please Help.

Rgds,
SeisaT

I was attempting to open Accpac which did not open and this is an extract from the other error I got besides the one mentioned already:

" >>>> Connect: opening dictionaries
>> start by attempting to open the dictionaries
BtrvDDOpen([local:THATOL] at entry hDict = 65535, path = \\NEOL\ACCPAC\Data\LNLA02)
* BtrvDDOpen(at exit - 1)
>> B_OPEN failed with error code 116
mapping error 116 in class 2
>> dd_Open failed with error code 49153
BtrvDDClose(hDict = 1)
>> that failed!"

Can you also try to explain in simple terms the meaning of Error 116?

Rgds,
SeisaT

Status 116 information from
116: The file is owned by another Microkernel engine acting as a Gateway

The MicroKernel cannot contact the engine running on the gateway computer even though it can read the locator file. This might occur the following reasons:

* The name of the gateway computer cannot be resolved. To solve this problem, try one of the following:
o Ensure that the gateway computer is registered with your name resolution service, such as DNS.
o If you are not using a name resolution service, you must provide name resolution manually. Locate the file named HOSTS on your current machine. Add a line in this file associating the TCP/IP address of the gateway computer with the network name of that computer. For example, if the gateway computer is named "mycomp" and its IP address is 125.1.4.245, then you should add the following line to the file:

125.1.4.245 mycomp

* When the two computers are separated by a router so they can both see the server, but cannot see one another. Try the following:
1. Use the Gateway Locator utility to identify the owner of the gateway.
2. Use Pervasive System Analyser (PSA) to test the network connection to that computer.
* You may have attempted to open a file with two different Workgroup engines that are mapped to the files using different share names. The MicroKernel attempts to correct this, but cannot do so in all cases. Make sure each computer is mapping to the same share name.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Hello Mirtheil,
I am aware of the contents of this document and I believe I did all of the things suggested in the document but without success.

I will check with their IT Admin on their network topology to find out if they have any routers/moderms in place (I have heard of some ports being blocked on the routers which needs to be opened) so that we can try the other alternative.

Funny thing, the tables can be opened from the workstations through PCC. Also the FE returns the status "0" on opening the FIELD.ddf or CSAPP.DAT file.

The PSA also fails the stress test and relational tests.

Any thoughts?

Rgds,
SeisaT

Hello Mirtheil,

The PSA results are as follows:

The PSA returned the following:

Network Communication Test - "Successfully connected to <Server IP address> via NetBIOS protocol. Stress test via NetBIOS protocol did not complete succefully due to error 8 (The session number was out of range.). 75 test messages were transmitted.

Transactional Engine Test - successfully completed

Relationl Engine Test - Failed to connect to the database. The server name or the server DSN specified may not exist.

Make sure that the Pervasive.SQL Server Engine on the machine specified is started and the usercount is valid.

You may also need to include the machine name and TCP/IP address that the Pervasive.SQL Server Engine resides on in the local HOSTS file

[Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface][LNA][Pervasive][ODBC Engine Interface][Data Record Manager]No such table or object.

Rgds,
SeisaT

Funny thing, the tables can be opened from the workstations through PCC. Also the FE returns the status "0" on opening the FIELD.ddf or CSAPP.DAT file.
If this is the case, then the error you are getting from Accpac is something else and you'll need to contact them for support. It seems that the PSQL engine is running correctly (by being able to use FE and PCC to open the CSAPP.DAT).

Mirtheil

Hello Mirtheil,

Any more thoughts on this environment scenario, especially in reference to some port on the router which needs opening? Could this be one of those scenarios?

> Server > Modem (Leased Line) > Router > Hub > Workstations (one of which is serving as a Server for Accpac).

The Server is in another country and is connected via a leased telephone line to a router in our country (Accpac Site). The router is in turn connected to a Hub which feeds the Workstations. I am told that if the router is down, then the communcation between workstations ceases.

I am not really clued up on this subject thus this is the best that way that I can present the scenario.

Once again, do you think you can make anything out of this scenario that may lead us to a clue.

Rgds,
SeisaT

The only ports PSQL need are 3351 and 1583. However, if Function Executor and PCC work, then the ports are most likely open.

I would suggest contacting Accpac (or your reseller) for support.

Mirtheil

I did send this in various Accpac Forums and they all point to Pervasive. I will go back and fish for more info from the client and will revert to Accpac Forums. Will keep you posted, though. Thank you all the same. Please keep in touch should you think of something.

Rgds,
SeisaT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back