Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W32time ID 29 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonriver13

Technical User
Dec 17, 2004
US
I appreciate someone provide solution to solve for error ID 29 on W32time. I am running on Server 2003 SP2. I am trying to synchronize my Active Director time with the server's internal clock by performing the "net time /setsntp:server_ip_address" command. The command is successfully execute but I am still get error ID 29 in the even view. I appreciate someone with the solution.

Thanks

Ummm...the server will automatically use it's internal clock for the time. What you need to do is specify an external time server to sync it with, then the problem goes away. Everything else in your domain will then get it's time (eventually) from your DC.

Try this:

I've been struggling with time sychronization errors for a while now. I've tried everything under the sun to get it to work and it simply will not sync with an outside source. I just went back through my event logs and found that immediately after installing windows updates on 2/14/07, is when this stopped working properly. Before that, all was well with the world. I am now going to try going back and removing those updates and see if this makes a difference. The updates installed are listed below.

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - February 2007 (KB890830)
- Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB928255)
- Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB926436)
- Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB924667)
- Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB928843)
- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 for Windows Server 2003 (KB928090)
- Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB918118)
- Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB931836)

-Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back