Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

w2k3, xps ...can run desktop but not published app

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryk

Programmer
Jun 13, 2001
US
Hello,

We have a brand new 2k3 server running citrix xps FR3.

I can run an ICA desktop just perfectly, but But I can't run ANY application that I publish.

To keep things simple, I've published Notepad. The process seems straightforward on the server. I selected 128kbit encryption (and have selected it on my client pc also).

In the "access" area for the published app, I've manually selected each user in the domain, as well as the administrators.

EVERY time I try to run the app...I get a flash of a login and then "You don't have access to login to this session".
....but I'm connecting as the domain administrator! How can he not "have access to login to this session"??

Many Many thanks for any advice you all can offer.

Jerry

looks like we need to forward another port on the router, in addition to the standard ICA port...in order for the ICA "browser" functions to work.

I'll post followups as this progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back