Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

w2k3 and new SP1 problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

porress

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2003
GB
Yesterday, after installing sp1 and restart, the DEP has alerted me that some sofware was running and what it did was... press change settings, check the checkbox for that hp program, so it would exclude from it, i pressed ok and suddenly unexpected error and now my flat hp monitor does not work!, ah... does anyone know about this? how can i find out what is going on?

Just had the exact same issue..

Did you re-apply the support pack software after the install of SP1???

It is recommended to reapply the ProLiant Support Pack, as SP1 overwrites files supplied by HP. Do not re-boot after installing SP1, but reapply the latest support pack before rebooting.

ah ok I will try it on monday, and I will let you know...thanks

I have installed the support pack (default), but this afternoon I was trying to build a machine using RIS and the server just stoped working!!!! I did try to restart and try again and it did the same!! was it going on? How can i find out was it going on?

Hi

I think your best bet is to wait for Support Pack 7.30.. My first server built worked OK. Subsequent servers had issues where it wouldn't boot properly (built the correct way - ie install SP1 (dont reboot), install 7.20A (reboot)..

HP Support Pack 7.20A is not certified to run on SP1.. HP have not even completed their testing on SP1. Testing is due to be completed by end of April. At that time, they will most probably release updates (or 7.30A)..

Ah ok, I am new in the hp servers world and the support packs. I will uninstall sp1 from my servers and wait for hp to release 7.20A. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back