Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K workstation Novell Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmonck

Technical User
Mar 20, 2002
US
I have a Novell network with Windows desktops. TCP/IP was uninstalled and reinstalled on one of the workstations, now I can't log into the network.

How do I fix this problem.

You need IPX installed and the Novell Client.

You can also use the Microsoft client for Netware.

Jim

Jim Webber
Network Administrator MCSE CNA

IPX doesn't have to be installed; the Novell Client can use IP only or both.

Can you give more detail about not being able to login? What version of Windows are you using? Is it Netware 5, 6? What client version are you using?

Do you receive an error message? Is TCP/IP setup to automatically obtain an IP #, or did you assign one?

My guess is the problem in the TCP/IP settings.

is your DC win2000 or do you log into the novell server???? if novell check for correct frame type, etc. you may need to maually input the frame type...also make sure your tree and context is in there....if your using netware 4 either novell client for windows or windows client for novell will install IPX/SPX and all related crap automagically, then adjust the frame type in there

does it find the servers and error out with a password error, or waht??????? whats the error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back