Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K VPN setup with Linksys help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2004
US
Here is my network. Have a Linksys Firewall and with a W2K Domain. I'm trying to configure the VPN. Active Directory is installed on the Server. I'm trying to configure RRAS and need to know what ports to forward through the router. I don't care if I use PPTP or L2TP. How do I do this? I enabled Routing and Remote Access on the server...do i need to control access for users via AD? Help Please...sorry if i didn't give enough detail....

Yes you need to create accounts for the user or objects you want to connect and give them the approiate persmissions. If they are always going to connect from the same address authorise the IP address.

Thanks for the response but i figured it out....i was having problems with the port forwarding and wasn't setting the triggering right...all is fine now..thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back