Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2k VPN Server gives error 721 to client on authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryantech

ISP
Dec 1, 2003
US
I am using a w2k server with one network card (10.0.0.x/24) and the server is running IIS, DHCP, WINS, DNS, VPN PPTP, and Active Directory. When I set my client to authenicate the the vpn, the client spits back an error 721 code; after I submit the username/password. The error indicates that the remote computer did not resond.
I have forwarded pptp traffic to the servers IP, which should include GRE. The error in the dsl router (US Robotics USR8003) shows the the packet closed with a FIN.
I am not getting any error in the systems event log.
The active directory is setup with a private name space (company.local) but I have a forward lookup zone the the public name space domain I am using for the VPN host name.
I have configured several w2k servers similar to this but have never run into this specific problem. I have double checked everything. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back