Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

w2k TS will not redirect local printers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhn

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2001
DK
The problem is that TS will not print on local printers through a Cisco VPN.

The local machine is running w98se. Default to client printer is enabled.

I cannot see the client printer from the TS Server, despite sharing it.

Any ideas?

Will only map NT or 2000 printers, 98 or 95 printers you will have to load the drivers and printers and configure manually on the TS.

Drew

Thanks, I did not know that.

Problem is I cannot see the local printer from the server, even though I am sharing it.

Any ways to make this possible?

Dennis

What I ended up doing was having the users logon that had Win 98. Once they were on I went to the TS and logged on and setup the printers and pointed them to the ports they were using for their terminal session, (you will have to find out what their PC name is) such as TS001 PRN1 port.

After that when ever they logged on their specific printer would map to whatever TS port they ended up using.

At first I had some problems and ended up giving the rights to change the printers properties to point to whatever port they were using (since it changed and the printer didn't), and just created a shortcut to the printers folder on their desktop profile.

Hope that helps. Maybe there is an easier way but this worked and is working for me now.

Thanks,

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back