Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K Task Scheduler Service will not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmined58

Technical User
Jun 13, 2000
US
I'm running W2K Server on a dual-processor IBM clone with Service Pack 4 installed. The Task Scheduler Service will not start, period.

I have to make it very clear that this isn't a matter of a scheduled task not running properly. That is obviously a common problem people have since there is a plethora of information regarding the subject out there.

This is a case of the actual service that handles the scheduled tasks not running, not starting.

Initially there wasn't even a "Task Scheduler Service" listed in the Services MMC. However, I created an entry for it in the registry.

Does anyone out there know the correct path/syntax for configuring the "ImagePath" DWORD in the registry? For instance, when you double-click the Task Scheduler Service in the Services management console, can you tell me what the "Path to executable" reads?

I cannot reload the OS as this is a PDC that serves our entire network.

Thank you in advance for any helpful information you can convey.

I'm not sure about the problem you're having, but I can provide the Path to executable from my Windows 2000 Server:

c:\winnt\system32\mstask.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back