Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K Server VPN with 1 network card

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasdrury

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2001
GB
Hi

I have had a W2k SBS Server for a year that has been running VPN no problems with ISA server there. We have just bought a brand new server and reinstalling the software. We are using a hardware firewall that also acts as the router, so only have on net card in the server.

How can I get VPN thru remote access to work? When it asks about my internet connection I say its the lan card, which it is, and it says i cannot use this cos this is the LAN!! Help!!

Chaz

what hardware device are you using as a firewall?

it is called a firebrick+...... it does allow the VPN ports thru - have checked with the manufacturers.

The logon gets as far as Veryfying User name and password on the client; on the server event viewer it says something about IPSEC and tunneling protocal authentication being incorrect?

Help!!!!

Chaz

Chaz

I think you have to choose "No Internet Connection" when it asks you to select an adapter. I just ran across that on another site, so I haven't had a chance to test it myself.

I'm running SBS 2000 too, with a Netgear FVS318, so if you try it before I do, please post the results!

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back