Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K Server upgrade w/ exchange 5.5 installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zepp33

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2002
US
I have upgraded a test PDC from NT4 and exchnge 5.5 to W2K server. I learned the hard way that I was suppose to change the LDAP port in the exchange administrator. Now every time that I try to open exchange admin it crashes. Is there any way to change the port without opening exchange admin. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Maybe install the Active Directory Connector from the Windows2000 CD (Better to install this from the Exchange 2000 CD if you have that). The Active Directory Connector communicates with Exchange. I will not say this will solve your problem but maybe you could try this. Maybe the administrator program will start up after this? Unless you have already installed the ADC?

There are articles on how to set this up. Sorry do not have any articles handy but go to the Microsoft Knowledgebase site and do a search for Active Directory Connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back