Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K SBS to W2K Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonmorovich

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2002
US
I recently purchased a server with 2000 server on it for file sharing. I purchased a second server to be used as an app. server, but unknowkingly purchased it with 2000 SBS. I've been told that this is NOT a wise thing to do and would like to get the 2000 SBS server over to 2000 server. My questions are #1 - should I do an upgrade to 2000 server or should I just back everything up and do a clean load to 2000 Server? #2 - The server has a RAID controller in it, is the installation easy enough (seeing as how I've never done a 2000 install) that a RAID config won't be that difficult??
The good thing is there is only one app running on the server now and it's in a database format. All I would have to do is save off the database files and reload.
One a side note: In these two servers I have backup network cards that are disabled. Is there any drawback to enabling, addressing, and connecting these cards to the network.

Thanks in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back