Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K Remote Access locking out users

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert04

MIS
Jan 20, 2004
US
I have RRAS set up on W2K, and it's authenticating on an NT Domain. Everything is fine, users can log in to the VPN and access the network okay.

However, EVERY TIME they disconnect from the VPN (either on purpose or if they lose the connection) their account becomes disabled in the NT Domain for some reason. I have to open up the Account Manager and uncheck the account disable. Then they can log back in again.

Anyone have any ideas on why this might be happening and how I can stop it? My users are having to call me every time they log off to have me re-enable their account so they can get back in -- they're getting pretty frustrated.

Thanks!

They disconnect, but fail to logoff.
It is a different process.
Logoff, then disconnect.

You can adjust the the server the idle automatic disconnect time to prevent this despite user errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back