Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K Prof SP3 Core dump/printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nettdd

MIS
Oct 31, 2001
US
Hardware requirements are met.

Printing problem apparently related to RAW format forced me to consider updated printer drivers.

Printer driver HP2000C did not solve the issue but recommendation to upgrade SP2 to SP3.

B/c of low disk space I did NOT archive the SP3 install (no ... I'm not a blonde .. just brain dead).

I boot successfully but cannot login without the core dump. (Cancelled the core dump ... now just hangs).

I can boot to safe mode but cannot reapply the SP3 because there is not internet connectivity (56K modem) used during the installation. Last known good did not work (does it ever work for anyone ... would really like to know?).

I have ordered the SP3 CD, but am looking for other ideas in the meantime. Not certified ... just certifiable.

Not sure what advice I can give on your boot problem.

But, I have used "Last known good" on several occasions. It usually works when I get a blue screen after updating boot disk drivers or deleting the wrong driver. I think that all "Last know good" does is restore the registry from the backup copy, all the required files must still be on the system for this to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back