Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2k Pro, Outlook, McAfee Virus Scan 4.5 & Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzpatrickjj

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2001
SG
When trying to open emails with attachments from my Exchange server mailbox I get the message "Could not open one or more attachments". This only happens on PCs running W2K Pro SP2 and McAfee Virus scan 4.5 with SP1. Win98 PCs on the same network have no problems. The only Technet article I can find refers to Iris antivirus software. The problem is also intermittent; sometimes it will not open attachments that it opened previously and vice versa.

Are all of the systems using the same Exchange server? I believe attachment scanning is set at the server level. I know here, we have it set so that ther eare no .exe attachments allowed to be transferred through email, that setting is controlled by the exchange server.

I am not sure if this helps and there may be other solutions out there as well.....

~TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back