Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K Pro and Outlook Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnfv

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2002
US
I am having a problem I've not encountered before. I have 3 accounts set up on one machine. I have been trying to setup Outlook setting for each individual user. Each user account information is set up correctly and under Outlook account properties for each user, it shows just their properties and account information. However any email recieved by any of the users shows up in all users inboxes. In fact all of the information in any of the oulook folders shows up the same to all users. This machine is being used by a family, and I'm trying to set it up so that they each have their own desktop and email. They each have their own email accounts, however all email recieved by an individual or sent shows up in all users of the machines outlook folders. Any ideas or fixes, as it is starting to drive me a little crazy. Thanks,

Shawn

I have 2 visitor workstations with 10 user accounts and 10 outlook accounts. With Windows 2000, each account has to be set up individually. Log on to each account, and configure their Outlook account from within their user account.

That is how I set it up. While for each account the email properties and POP&SMTP information is relevant to each account, any email recieved or sent or deleted shows in everyones accounts personal folders. If I log on and download my email and read it or keep in in my inbox and then close Outlook and log off, and then someone else logs on and goes to Outlook, all of my email shows up, and then anything they download will show up after they log off, and I come back on and open Outlook. I can't figure it out. There must be something with where it is storing the .pst files. Everyone seems to have one under the Docs&settings-Local Settings sub-directory. I am stumped!!! Thanks

Shawn

Are you setting Outlook up as a "corporate or work group", or are you setting it up for internet e-mail.

Well, for one thing, setting permissions correctly on the "Documents and Settings" folder will prevent other users from seeing a .pst file that is in your folders, and vice versa...

using outlook Express ? or microsoft outlook ?

if using outlook express :
I will ask u to make a test on two of the users ( user1 , user2 )

login to user1 , open the outlook , in the tools , Maintainance , store folder , u will find a path here ,, keep it in your mind ..

login to user2 , open the outlook , in the tools , Maintainance , store folder , u will find a path here too ,, compare it with the one u found in user1 ..

if they are the same ,, change one of them --> Solved

if they are different ---> tell me to test another thing ! Mohamed Farid
Know Me No Pain , No Me Know Pain !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back