Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

w2k Cluster Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

brayboy

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2003
US
I just finished configuring a active/passive cluster on two DL 580 Compaq servers. When one of the drives on node 2 failed. I evicted node 2 from the cluster. Rebuilt node 2 started to add node 2 back into the cluster when I received a "Cluster Service Configuration Wizard Error"
Unexpected Setup Error
Access is Denied
Error ID 5 (00000005).

I granted adminsitrator permission on the Cluster account. I also granted the following
Act as part of the operating system
Back up files and directories
Increase quotas
Increase scheduling priority
log on as a service
restore files and directories
lock pages in memory
load and unload device drivers

As per the MSkB article 269229

Node 1 is working with no problems and I am trying to avoid rebuilding both boxes.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Brayboy

When you evicted the node, did you rebuild it with the same name? If so, did you reset the node's computer account prior to joining the domain?

yes of course.
following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 828861
I changed password of "clusadmin" (my cluster account) to a password with more than 15 caracteres.
Now I can join the domain.
But service refuse to start with a error ID 1763.
there are nomore endpoint avaible from the endpoint mapper.
:((

Do you have any idea ?

did you try to reset the cluster accound with DOMAIN\USERNAME instead of select it from user browser or USER@DOMAIN ?......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back