Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2008r2 on dell r720 with perc h710 mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

techseek

MIS
Nov 5, 2010
US
Hello
I am using dell's openmanage systems mgmt tools and docs DVD to create a 2 disk mirror and a 4 disk raid 5. My setup is set to uefi. When windows install starts, I provide driver for raid controller and I am able to see my virtual disks but I get a error about gpt partition. Can someone tell me what the deal is with the uefi and 2008r2 install etc

thx

hello

did you find the solution, I have exactly the same issue with a new R720 I received yesterday

hello
Well, since I do not have a 2 TB partition etc, I just set it to BIOS mode
but the way to get around that is to just insert the windows 2008 DVD back into the drive - go figure

much better

Use Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 SP1. The media already includes the 4 hotfixes mentioned.

This issue occurs because the EFI loader (Winload.EFI) incorrectly identifies raw disks as GUID Partition Tables (GPT) disks. Windows then tries to enumerate GPT partitions on the raw disks and the computer will no longer start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back