Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2000 VPN Client connected to NetGear FWG114P

Status
Not open for further replies.

icezebra

Technical User
Jun 12, 2004
CA
Has anyone succeeded in using Windows 2000 IPSEC to connect to a NetGear FWG114P VPN endpoint?

I have succeeded using ProSafe including getting NetBIOS to work as well as Timbuktu but I would like to do it without ProSafe if possible.

I have read the docs in the FVS318 thread (the huge one) on this subject. I get as far as Phase 1 then I get the message about proposal not accepted or whatever. I have also read fvs318_w2k.doc as well as the new and improved version of same. I have double checked my encryption settings in the endpoint and the client, and have removed all firewalls.

I also sent NetGear a polite request to update their document for the FVS318 to include the FWG114P. By the way, they have not exactly removed all traces of Windows IPSEC documentation from their website, look here under Case Studies.

Please disreagard. I got it to work finally. Problem was with shared secrets, did not match.

icezebra,
I recently installed a FVS318 for a client and found out after the fact that the Netgear vpn client was needed. After attempting to configure ipsec policies in windows, I am still not getting very far. I really don't want to go to the client and tell them that they need to spend another $40 or so per client in order to utilize VPN. Would you mind enlightening me on how you were able to establish a vpn connection using the Microsoft client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back