Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2000 Error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

kontko

Programmer
Mar 23, 2001
US
Hi, I am getting the following error on my W2K server, which happens to the the only server on the LAN. It is a Domain Controller, and has NAT running under RRAS (No DHCP or DNS running). It has two network cards, one for the LAN and one for the DSL connection to the internet. I use NAT to allow clients on the LAN to access the internet. I am getting the following error(s) occasionally, but do not quite know what it means.

Error message #1 (from event viewer:system log):

The system failed to register network adapter with settings:

Adapter Name : {A26F0911-4E47-4031-B406-89988680269D}
Host Name : enra-server
Adapter-specific Domain Suffix : ENRA-DOMAIN.local
DNS server list :
204.60.0.2, 204.60.0.3
Sent update to server : None
IP Address(es) :

The cause of this DNS registration failure was because of DNS server failure. This may be due to a zone transfer that has locked the DNS server for the applicable zone that your computer needs to register itself with.

(The applicable zone should typically correspond to the Adapter-specific Domain Suffix that was indicated above.) You can manually retry registration of the network adapter and its settings by typing "ipconfig /registerdns" at the command prompt. If problems still persist, contact your network systems administrator to verify network conditions.

Error #2:

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 444553547777. The following error occured:
An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back